!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
‘Bhumi pujan’ of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Sports Enclave in Ahmedabad’s Motera
Gujarat: President Ram Nath Kovind and his wife perform 'bhumi pujan' of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Sports Enclave in… https://t.co/j96eK0Cd1L
— ANI (@ANI) 1614149802000
He should know that there is a fisheries department for which an investment of Rs 20,050 cr has been made by the Centre. In 70 years, work that couldn’t be done by your ‘Nanaji’ and others, has been done by PM Modi
– Union Minister Giriraj Singh on Rahul Gandhi
President Kovind inaugurates Motera Stadium – the world’s largest cricket stadium in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Four unidentified terrorists killed in an ongoing encounter in Anantnag: Jammu and Kashmir Police
We are working on restoring the systems as soon as possible. In view of the above all the segments have been closed at 11.40 am & will be restored as soon as issue is resolved
– NSE Spokesperson to ET Now
Agricultural budget will be presented separately in Rajasthan from next year: Ashok Gehlot in Budget speech
All the segments have been closed at 11:40 am and will be restored as soon as the issue is resolved: NSE India
NSE closed F&O market at 11:40 AM and cash market at 11:43 AM
Rajasthan: Nursing colleges to be opened in 25 districts, 8 already existing, says Ashok Gehlot
Kerala Cabinet has decided to withdraw cases related to Sabarimala and CAA protests which are not of serious criminal nature
Govt dispels Swaminathan report and thinks that too much crop rate (MSP) is being asked for. Why not establish an agriculture research centre in Parliament premises, grow crops there & decide their rates according to profit/loss after harvesting
– Rakesh Tikait, BKU
Punjab and Haryana High Court adjourns cases concerning the arrest of labour activist Nodeep Kaur till Friday
President to inaugurate Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera
Ahmedabad: President Ram Nath Kovind to formally inaugurate Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera where pink-ball Test match… https://t.co/HwzLWEoqQg
— ANI (@ANI) 1614146785000
Rajasthan government to bring Universal Health Care scheme worth Rs 3,500 crore: Ashok Gehlot
Rajasthan government to introduce Right to Health Bill: Ashok Gehlot
Maharashtra Minister Chhagan Bhujbal tests positive for COVID19
Five staff members of Maharashtra Minister Chhagan Bhujbal test positive for COVID19.
Supreme Court dismisses the petition filed by UPSC aspirants seeking an extra attempt in civil service exams for those aspirants who had exhausted their last attempt in October 2020
We have major concerns about cryptocurrency from financial stability perspective
– RBI Guv in an interview
U19 European Championships cancelled for 2nd straight year
- The annual Under-19 European Championships in men’s and women’s soccer were cancelled for the second straight year.
- UEFA said government-imposed rules amid the coronavirus pandemic led to the decision.
Market should take signal from RBI & should trust RBI
– RBI Guv in an interview
VK Sasikala pays tribute to former Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa on her birth anniversary
As our Amma (J Jayalalithaa) wished, our government (AIADMK) should be there even after 100 years. For that to happen, we should contest elections together (AIADMK and AMMK). I wish for the same. I will meet the cadres and people soon: Expelled AIADMK leader VK Sasikala
Jaipur: Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot presents state budget 2021-22 at the State Assembly
Road to Delhi University likely to have entrance exam bumpers
- With a common entrance test now a certainty for getting admissions in all central universities, Delhi University is likely to push for a system where both merit and the entrance test results will count for admissions.
- While many feel this is the right way forward, there are others in the university who would like to make the Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) the sole entry point into DU because this would help remove the tyranny of Class XII board marks in the admissions process.
U.S. House plans vote on COVID-19 aid bill on Friday
The U.S. House of Representatives will vote on Friday on legislation to provide $1.9 trillion in new coronavirus relief, Representative Steny Hoyer, the chamber’s No. 2 Democrat, said.
A Delhi court seeks a response from Delhi Police on anticipatory bail moved by Shantanu Muluk, co-accused in the ongoing ‘Toolkit case’.
Court adjourns the matter for tomorrow. Court also noted the public prosecutor’s submission that Shantanu has interim protection till 26th February.
Kerala: Congress MP Rahul Gandhi went to sea with fishermen in Kollam, early morning today
Index rates for Nifty & Nifty Bank not updating on NSE since 10.08 am
Reports ET Now
Germany’s confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 8,007
The reported death toll rose by 422 to 68,740, the tally showed.
Cambodia reports 40 fresh Covid cases, tally at 633
Working hours of courts curtailed in 5 Maharashtra districts
As per a notice issued by the Bombay High Court’s registrar on Tuesday, the Administrative Judge’s Committee has decided that from Wednesday, the judicial working hours in Amravati, Yavatmal, Buldhana, Akola and Washim districts will be restricted to five hours a day.
Encounter has started at Shalgul forest area of Srigufwara, Anantnag. Police and Army are on the job: Kashmir Zone Police
Rupee gains 13 paise to 72.33 against US dollar in early trade
California to enforce net neutrality after judge rejects challenge by internet providers
- California should soon implement its landmark net neutrality law under a judge’s ruling on Tuesday, nearly three years after the state legislature enacted the measure, the state attorney general’s office said.
- U.S. Judge John Mendez for the Eastern District of California said in an oral ruling he would not block the law from taking effect as four telecom and broadband industry groups sought, his office confirmed. California’s 2018 law barred internet service providers from blocking or throttling traffic, or offering paid fast lanes.
Meeting of Subject Expert Committee (SEC) scheduled to be held today to discuss Dr Reddy’s application seeking emergency use approval for SputnikV vaccine: Officials
Arvind Kejriwal to visit Surat on February 26
I will be visiting Surat on February 26 to thank the people for helping Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) emerge as the main opposition party in Gujarat Local Body Polls and rejecting Congress: AAP president Arvind Kejriwal
A poster warning of action was put at Delhi borders on 26th January. Similarly, other posters were also put 8-10 days ago as a precautionary measure. No action is being taken against the farmers: Delhi Police
PM Modi remembers Late Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa on the occasion of her birth anniversary
Remembering Jayalalithaa Ji on her birth anniversary. She is widely admired for her pro-people policies and efforts… https://t.co/gKd1R8ZLWb
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1614138620000
New COVID19 strains detected in India & the UK strain is highly transmissible: Director, PGIMER Chandigarh
We should take all possible precautions to prevent the rise in cases. Currently, we have 55 COVID19 cases at the hospital. The cases have gone up in the last 2 weeks: Director, PGIMER Chandigarh
India reports 13,742 new COVID19 cases, 14,037 discharges, and 104 deaths in the last 24 hours
- Total cases: 1,10,30,176
- Total discharges: 1,07,26,702
- Death toll: 1,56,567
- Active cases: 1,46,907
- Total Vaccination: 1,21,65,598
Sensex jumps 160.58 points to 49,911.99 in opening trade; Nifty advances 54.15 points to 14,761.95
3 new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram, tally rises to 4,413
Just like our farmers farm the land, you farm the sea. Farmers have a Ministry in Delhi, you don’t. No one speaks for you in Delhi. First thing I’d do is have a Ministry dedicated to fishermen of India so that your issues can be defended & protected
– Rahul Gandhi
Rahul in Kerala
Kerala: Congress leader and Wayanad MP Rahul Gandhi arrives at Kollam's Thangassery beach to interact with fisherme… https://t.co/ngtUwREFdG
— ANI (@ANI) 1614137174000
Travellers from Maharashtra, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Punjab will need a negative coronavirus test report to enter Delhi from 26th February till 15th March
Sensex opens at 49,763 with a gain of 12 points; Nifty at 14,748
And I’m not afraid. I’ll continue this fight with non-violence. Bring it on! https://t.co/VqMtV7nDnL
— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) 1614137840000
Maharashtra HRC summons DGP over complaint on custodial torture of Pragya Thakur
Coronil has been awarded the CoPP licence as per WHO-GMP. Dr Harsh Vardhan didn’t endorse any ayurvedic medicine, neither, did he undermine the modern medicines
– Acharya Balkrishna, General Secretary, Patanjali Research Foundation Trust
Union Cabinet to meet today
- The virtual meeting will reportedly start at 10:30 am.
- The agenda of the meeting is yet to be known.
- In the last meeting held on February 17, the cabinet approved enhanced delegation of financial powers to the tune of up to Rs 200 crore under capital procurement to levels below vice-chief of Armed Forces.
- The Cabinet is scheduled to meet ahead of the Election commission of India’s meeting today to finalise the upcoming Assembly elections of five states.
Election Commission is scheduled to hold a meeting today to finalise the upcoming Assembly elections of five states, namely West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Kerala, and Puducherry
98 CPM party members joined Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of Union Minister Pralhad Joshi. Many CPM and Congress workers want to want BJP
– VV Rajesh, BJP leader in Thiruvananthapuram yesterday
Kolkata narcotics case: Police arrests both sons of BJP leader Rakesh Singh from his residence
US president Joe Biden nominates Indian-American lawyer Kiran Ahuja to head Office of Personnel Management
7 killed in Yamuna Expressway accident
- The accident occurred after an oil tanker collided with a car near Naujheel police station on the Yamuna Expressway on Tuesday night
- The oil tanker was headed towards Agra.
- As per preliminary investigations, the tanker collided with the divider.
- During the collision, a car came between the tanker the divider.
- All those who were travelling in the car are dead. The kin of the deceased have been informed about the incident (Source: ANI)
EU foreign ministers on Monday agreed to impose sanctions on Russian officials for the jailing of Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny and to target Myanmar’s military over its seizure of power
Biden administration prepares to impose sanctions on Russia over Navalny poisoning, SolarWinds hack
Supreme Court will hear today the pleas seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in Palghar mob-lynching incident.
Athletes from Mike Tyson to Magic Johnson and others offered hopes that Woods would make a quick recovery.
Fight @tigerwoods like the champion you are for your kids and the world. Love and prayers
— Mike Tyson (@MikeTyson) 1614116670000